The Difference Between A Dentist And Dental Specialist
Most people think that a dentist can help to treat all kinds of oral issues, but there is a difference between consulting a regular dentist and going for a dental specialist.
For example, your family dentist in Yorba Linda, attends to your most common grievances like a toothache, cavities, bleeding gum and regular checkups.
But a general dentist will recommend you to a cosmetic dentist in Yorba Linda, like Dr. Bruce Rogers, if you need attention or guidance in specialized areas like cosmetic dentistry.
These dentists spend a few extra years specializing in a particular category of dentistry. For example, Yorba Linda has some of the best dental specialists like family dentists, cosmetic dentists, or sleep apnea dentist Yorba Linda.
Here are a few of the categories:
- 1. General Dentists
- General dentist in Yorba Linda provides regular checkups and teeth cleaning. General dentists treat gum disease, repair decayed or broken teeth, fix porcelain crowns, bridges and veneers, and perform dental implants.
- 2. Orthodontists
- These dentists treat teeth and jaw alignment, TMD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction) or TMJ (temporomandibular joint), bad bites, the use of wires, braces, retainers, and Invisalign.
- 3. Pedodontists or Pediatric Dentists
- These dentists are specially trained to treat children and youth along with comprehensive dental treatments and preventive therapies.
- 4. Periodontists
- Dentists who deal with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of issues related to gums and other parts that help to support the teeth are generally categorized as Periodontists. Only periodontists can immediately identify gum disease at the initial stage and stop them from destroying one's beautiful smile.
- 5. Endodontists
- Some dentists are specially trained to help a patient with tooth pain and save their tooth by performing root canal procedures. They treat the infected tissues inside the tooth. Their name defines their specialty 'endo' meaning inside and 'donto' which means tooth.
- 6. Oral pathologists and oral surgeons
- These specialists treat oral diseases of the teeth and jaw through surgery and are also trained to work with ear, nose, and throat specialists (ENTs).
- 7. Prosthodontists
- Prosthodontists are trained to fix teeth and jawbones. They are specialized in taking care of the aesthetic appeal of your teeth, gums or jawbones to enhance your looks. Their treatments include teeth whitening, veneers, dentures, crowns, and bridges. Cosmetic dentists in Yorba Linda are rated as the best in town.
- 8. Sleep Apnea Dentist
- Some dental specialists are experts in handling specific issues associated with oral health. Sleep disordered breathing, or otherwise mentioned as OSA - obstructive sleep apnea - is one such factor. A sleep apnea specialist in Yorba Linda can assist patients in recognizing a sleep-related disorder, and assist in handling sleep disorders along with other physical treatment.
Having said all of the above, choose the dentist you require from the best Family Dentist Yorba Linda, Cosmetic Dentist Yorba Linda, or a Sleep Apnea Dentist Yorba Linda. A reckon would be Dr. Bruce Rogers at Bruce M. Rogers DDS in Yorba Linda, California.